Saturday, April 21, 2007

Courier Price Craziness

I'm comming back to Spain. Yes, finally we are moving back to good old Zaragoza after a long stay in Surabaya, Indonesia. If we can afford it, if you know what I mean.

This morning we (my wife, me and 130kg of goods) knocked at the door of DHL in Surabaya. A very helpful guy, weighted our parcels and informed me of the price... well... it was USD8500!! How in the name of the Lord cand they expect me to pay that huge ammount of money?!

You may say "you know, you are sending 130kg, and that's a big deal." Well, first of all let me tell you that it's not that a big deal. I mean, this is mostly clothes and some souvenirs. Yes, a lot of clothes maybe, but I've been here for a long time. Anyway, you can imagine that 8500 bucks is biiiig money for me, a European guy, what they call a "bule". But... can you imagine how big an ammount is that for a local Indonesian?!

Anyway, the rate for 5kg is... 450 american dollars!! Oh, Geez! Even that is too much!

This is simply ridiculous.

0 comments: